VELUX – Sun Tunnels
Natural light where you never thought possible
The NEW generation VELUX Sun Tunnel has been redesigned from the ground up with a wide range of improvements that make installation faster and easier. Tube assembly time is reduced and less time is spent in the roof cavity.
The VELUX flexible and rigid Sun Tunnels provide installation flexibility. Rigid sun tunnels are most suited to roof spaces with minimal obstructions. They have a highly reflective shaft to achieve maximum light output. Flexible tunnels can be used when obstructions in the roof cavity prevent the use of rigid Sun Tunnels.
Sun Tunnels are ideal for hallways, walk-in robes, pantries, toilets and other small areas without natural light.
- Bushfire rating of BAL 29 (applicable to TWR installed between 18-60°)
- Choice of highly reflective rigid or flexible tunnel (350mm diameter, lengths vary)
- 4mm toughened glass
- Dual-layered ceiling diffuser – spreads light over an area of up to 9m²
- Interior diffuser with ‘Edge Glow’ design
- Outer polyurethane cappings with integrated flashings for tiled/corrugated iron roofs
- ‘Stay Clean’ coating on glass exterior to reduce cleaning frequency
Less Time in Attic
Roof module with removable sash ensures quick and easy installation from the outside. Drop the tunnel into place from the roof. There’s little need to enter the attic; the tunnel is easy to install in tight spaces where attic access is difficult.
Easy to Install & Clean
The VELUX Sun Tunnel is easier to install thanks to the threaded diffuser. When you’re finished, simply screw the diffuser into place. And, as an added bonus, it’s easier to clean as it can be unscrewed and cleaned as needed.
Low Roof Profile
The outer frame has the appearance of a traditional skylight and sits flush with the roof for harmonious effect.
4mm toughened glass adds strength without the need for a bulging bubble.